Friday, August 21, 2009

"Uffizi Tour and Best of Tuscany- Both Excellent -Money well spent!" - Read the latest TripAdvisor ArtViva Review!

TripAdvisor Review from August 18, 2009:

"I spent a few days in Florence on my first visit (not my last!) and took two Artviva tours. I usually hate tours, but I had so little time, I thought I would start off with a museum walking tour in order to get a good background and orient myself.

My guide was Sylvia for the Uffizi gallery tour, and she was just really fantastic. I felt that she was so enthusiastic, warm, and especially intelligent and knowledgeable, she gave no ordinary tour.

Her personal attention and interest in every member of the small group was very appreciated. Usually you see tourists herded around blankly, like cattle, until they don't seem to care at all about what the guide is droning on about.

I was really thrilled with the experience. It was just the right length, and I left feeling I had gained something unique, while making me want to see and learn more about Florence and Tuscany.

So, I decided to chance another day with Artviva and do the "Best of Tuscany" tour and had another memorable time with a small group-eight of us .

Stefan was our guide. He is an absolute gem. His spirit, passion, sense of humor, and knowledge (not to mention his funny trivia games) really made it for me.

The day was spent in lighthearted conversation, everyone felt taken care of, as if we were already all old friends (instead of the strangers we really were), learning a great a deal, laughing a lot, having a glorious time. Stefan gave the absolute best restaurant recommendation, and it made my last evening in Florence one I won't soon forget ( I ended up going out with some folks I had met that day on the tour itself).

Both of the guides I had genuinely loved what they were doing, and you have to commend a company who employs and allows these good people to flourish.

Please keep up the excellent work Artviva. I will be recommending this company to friends and family."

Miranda 76
Best of Tuscany Tour and Masterpieces of the Uffizi Gallery Tour